Friday, December 17, 2010

My Shoes


The first 5k I did, I ran in a pair of old kswiss that were worn out, beat up and a size or two too big. Its amazing I didn't have blisters afterwards.


As we prepared for our first relay race, I decided it was worth the money to go and buy a real pair of running shoes. I really didn't want to spend the money-but I also quite like my feet, so I decided it was in their best interest to splurge.



I went to a local running store and they had me run on the treadmill and decided that I am a pronator--I stared at the salesman blankly, but he recommended a support shoe. So I ended up with a pair of Asics. I also decided since I've come this far, I may as well buy running socks, so I picked up a pair of Asics socks as well. *come on, everybody is doing it--give in to temptation*



They were great, they served me well through last year. I also bought into a couple of pairs of 'feeture' socks and love them, they are a little more comfortable and cushy. Unfortunately my shoes wore out.


Back to the running store I went. This time I went to one that my family has fallen in love with. This time they measured my feet, had me walk around in a few different pairs, get on the treadmill in them, etc. The pair I fell in love with was a pair of Brooks.



I loved them so much I have purchased another pair for when these die on me. Hopefully they won't die soon, but I am starting to actually train for running this year. So I won't just participate in races but actually be a part of the race crowd instead of the guy they have to pull over the finish line.
This clip is so sad watching them finish--Props to them, I could not do an ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment