Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Shield


So, I went running again today--and it finally warmed up in Logan. It was really hot outside. I run with a running belt. I transformed my Nathan running belt into part of my link costume, but I have an iron man running belt as well. It is a lifesaver. Anyway nothing too amazing about the run to report.

I decided I should post some of the pieces of my costume up here. this is my shield. I love it. I made it out of a piece of foam board from Hobby Lobby with foam cutouts from Walmart. Total cost: $10. My Mom and sisters are very creative, so I attempted to join in. I found a tutorial of a girl who made a link costume, so i gave it a shot and am pleased with the results. I soaked my foam board in the tub so it would be more pliable. Then I shaped it so it would be curved. I cut the shapes out of the colored Walmart foam board like for little kids and glued it on. I also cut the outside shape of the welding on the shield and painted it silver. It is great, easy and fun to have.

I only ran with this at the end of the last race I did. It would be fun to run a whole race with it...we shall see.

1 comment: